SMSP Night Sprints
SMSP Night Sprints are a timed competition event eligible for road registered cars and race cars. Drivers must be capable of completing a lap around Sydney Motorsport Park's Gardner GP Circuit in 1min 59sec or less.
- Prices are per vehicle with a maximum of 1 x driver permitted.
- 3 x groups will be organised by drivers' nominated/actual lap times.
- Drivers must be capable of completing a lap in 1min 59sec or less.
- Each group will receive up to *5 x 15 minute timed sessions throughout the night.
- Points will be allocated to each driver based on timed results.
- Trophies will be awarded to class winners after every 4th event.
- All drivers must have a minimum of a Motorsport Australia Speed Licence.
- All drivers must read and adhere to the event's Supplementary Regulations.
COST$340, cancellations must be advised at least 7 days prior to the course/event date so that a transfer to an alternative date can be arranged, cancellations after this date will result in a forfeit of all fees paid. Transfers must be completed within 6 months of the original course date. Refunds for cancellation or non-attendance are not available.
TIMINGSThe evening runs from 6:30pm – 10:30pm. Please arrive no later than 6.00pm to ensure you have time to complete the registration process and listen to the driver's briefing.
VEHICLE ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS
- Road registered cars
- Race Cars are eligible (Open wheelers and Supersports not permitted)
- All vehicles must be fitted with a fire extinguisher.
- Race Cars
- Supercars (Road registerable vehicles with RRP over $200,000)
- FWD - Road registerable Front Wheel Drive vehicles
- RWD - Road registerable Rear Wheel Drive vehicles
- AWD - Road registerable All Wheel Drive vehicles
LICENCE REQUIREMENTSMinimum of a Motorsport Australia Speed Licence.
SUPPLEMENTARY REGULATIONSClick here to view the Supplementary Regulations
WHAT TO WEAR
- Clothing: Please wear casual, comfortable clothing with regards to weather conditions – it can get very hot, and equally very cold at Sydney Motorsport Park. Clothing must provide ankle to wrist coverage at a minimum.
- Footwear: Ensure that you wear comfortable flat, closed in shoes. Please note that high heels, thongs or sandals are not permitted.
- Helmets: Helmets with minimum Australian standard AS1698 are essential for all Track Nights
FOOD & BEVERAGES
The onsite café will be open but you are welcome to bring your own food and drinks. Private catering is not allowed. No alcohol should be consumed for at least 12 hours prior to the course.
All track events go ahead whatever the weather conditions. In the unlikely event that we need to cancel or postpone a course we will contact you as soon as possible.
CANCELLATIONS OR DATE CHANGES
Cancellations must be advised at least 7 days prior to the course/event date, so that a transfer to another date can be arranged, cancellations after this date will result in a forfeit of all fees paid. Transfers must be completed within 6 months of the original course date. Refunds for cancellation or non-attendance are not available.