NIGHTDRIVE is a driver safety initiative from the Australian Racing Drivers’ Club and Driving Solutions to provide Learner Drivers with a unique opportunity to increase their on-road experience – especially at night.
NIGHTDRIVE is FREE TO ATTEND, and is suited to first-timers as well as L-Platers with some experience. All without the added stress on regular busy road traffic (and oncoming cars!).
Learner Drivers and their supervisors can gain much needed experience in a safe and less-stressed environment, getting an improved feel for the road and vehicle handling as the day turns to night (and some insights and information from invited Police Road Safety Education personnel).
NIGHTDRIVE SESSIONS will normally run between 1 ½ to 2 hours. Drivers and their Supervisors begin with an introductory chat and a sighting lap, then can spend as much or as little of the available time on track as they feel comfortable with.
Arrive a little earlier and enjoy a coffee or snack from the ARDC Garage Cafe before the Drivers Briefing!
- Current Learners Licence and Supervisors Unrestricted Licence must be provided
- Pre-booking is essential as numbers are limited. First in best dressed applies
- Supervisors (Parent/Guardian) must be 25 years or over
- All attendees (drivers and supervisors) are required to attend registration and a drivers briefing on the night prior to commencing the Nightdrive session.Venue access and registration at 5:30pm, followed by a briefing at 6:00pm and then drive sessions from 6:15pm – 8:00pm
- Max Speed is 80kph
- One Per Person
- All standard Road Rules Apply
*the ARDC reserves the right to amend Terms & Conditions regarding NIGHTDRIVE at any time