DRONES AT SMSP
Sydney Motorsport Park and the Australian Racing Drivers’ Club, the official managing authority for the venue, require that any media attending any event or activity at the venue (including motorsport experiences, driver safety and training, corporate events and general media coverage) apply for access ONE WEEK prior to attending any event at the venue.
Please note that media accreditation will be supplied to professional working media only, and proof of commission/connection to an event promoter will need to be submitted along with the proper documentation: see below.
For assistance or enquiries, please contact the media department on email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY
The permission for use at Sydney Motorsport Park (SMSP) of Drones, Remote Piloted Aircraft (RPA), unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and Model Aircraft will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Unless specifically permitted by SMSP, UAVs are not permitted to be used and doing so could result in your eviction from the circuit. This rule applies regardless of the size or use of those UAVs.
A UAV operator or controller at an event must apply to the ARDC for permission to film using a UAV no less than one week from the event using the submission form, left, stating:
- The names and contact details of the Drone Operator and Drone Camera Operator
- Details of your filming plan, including the type of drone you are using (particularly the weight)
- Your current certification from CASA (Civil Aviation Safety Authority) to operate or control the UAV
- A copy of your $20 million public liability insurance
- Evidence of your work engagement with/approval of the event promoter
Receipt of this form is not an automatic approval of your credentials. We will contact you to confirm approval.
Alternatively, you may email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org