Riders Academy streetSKILLS
You might have been riding for a few years and already feel like you’re a proficient rider. In many ways you likely are. streetSKILLS isn’t about simply teaching you how to ride a motorbike. It is advanced motorcycle training in combination with the basics and suits all skill levels from beginner through to seasoned rider.
This course will cover
streetSKILLS has been developed from real world crash data to create an evidence based training program designed to reduce your risk and increase confidence on the street.
- Road-craft explained
- Emergency braking
- Hazard avoidance
- Slow speed bike control
- Cornering and line selection
- Body position
- Full day of training
- 6 x classroom sessions and 6 x on track sessions
- Small Groups
- Video Shadowing
- High level of Safety
- streetSKILLS can wear street gear, but we recommend a minimum of kevlar pants and jackets. Full face helmet, leather shoes and gloves – no exposed skin
- Lots of fun and learning!
streetSKILLS is offered in the same format as trackSKILLS = 6 x 20 min sessions on track followed by classroom sessions
- For beginners, slower speed riders and riders wanting to focus on the basic foundations of road riding. We practice Emergency Braking and do some slow speed drills. This level focusses on road craft and defensive riding
- Is more advanced. We practice Emergency Braking and start to shift the focus to body position, vision and cornering.
Riding a motorbike is a lot of fun, but there are also a lot of hazards out there on the road and motorcyclists can be vulnerable.
When you learn to ride these days, you are put through some standard training that cover the basics. While that training teaches you how to ride a bike, it doesn’t cover advanced skills when it comes to emergency situations. That’s where advanced rider training can literally be a lifesaver.
Knowing what to do in any given scenario can be the difference between having a catastrophic accident or avoiding one altogether.