JOBS AT SMSP
SMSP AND ARDC CURRENTLY HAS ONE POSITION ON OFFER:
VENUE OPERATIONS COORDINATOR AT MOTORSPORT PARK
- Unique venue with large scale events
- One of Australia’s premier motorsport venues
- Independent staff needed
- Experience essential
The Australian Racing Drivers Club, the operators of Sydney Motorsport Park, is seeking a Venue Operations Coordinator to work on their large, unique venue at Eastern Creek.
The Venue Operations Coordinator is to plan and execute events ranging from the everyday to weekend festivals. The role is very dynamic, incorporating a wide variety of tasks and event types. This role requires flexibility in work hours and includes weekdays, weekends, mornings and evenings. Manual labour will be a part of this role.
Main responsibilities include:
- Working as part of the Venue Management team to ensure 24/7 coverage of Sydney Motorsport Park’s operation.
- Be the on ground contact for all hirers of the venue.
- Coordinate day to day safety and security management of the venue including venue induction process.
- Prepare all Event Plans; including rosters, CAD and venue maps, accreditation, ticketing, traffic, spectator services, catering, public transport, security and cleaning are all captured.
- Create daily run sheets and project planning for day to day and other selected events.
- Manage venue logistics, coordinating with hirers of the venue, experience partners, event promoters, racing competitors and members of the public to ensure their needs have been captured and implemented on the day of the event.
- Liaise with ARDC service providers daily to ensure contracted operating standards are maintained.
- Work closely with SMSPs Circuit Operation and Race Operations Team to ensure a well coordinated and safe venue operating experience for clients and staff.
- Coordinate bookings and sign on for ARDC events, including Private Practice Days. This may require early starts.
- Coordinate contractors, including security and cleaners, on event day, ensuring they operate effectively and efficiently.
- Assist in administrative tasks for race and venue operations.
- Develop post event reports and briefings.
- Other duties as directed by General Manager, Venue Operations.
Skills and Experience
- 3 – 5 years event or venue management experience.
- Lead and manage multiple projects, providing direction to staff and contractors.
- Full Australian driving licence.
- Experience of working in a busy, high pressured environment.
- Able to work nights and weekends with long and short notice.
- High levels of personal presentation.
- An effective team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle and own multiple projects.
- Works autonomously without supervision.
- Excellent administration and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to negotiate and work well under pressure.
- Confident in decision making and creative problem solving.
If you are available for work or require any additional information, please email your CV to email@example.com or call 02 9672 1000.